Monday, March 19, 2012

Organization Ideas

Today I was looking through the pictures on my phone trying to decide what to post about today. I finally decided just to do a hodgepodge of ideas.

This is an idea I got from pinterest. I put an empty toilet paper roll inside a plastic cup for my popsicle sticks with student names. The popsicle sticks stay inside the roll until after I call on the student. Once I've selected a student I put it there popsicle stick outside the roll, unless I may want to call on them again.
Because I've now spent four years teaching science, and have never actually taught reading, most of my classroom books are about science. Just like I have my other books split up by genre, I split my science books based on topic.
I got this organizer from Dollar Tree. It is perfect for happy notes, nurse passes, change in transportation forms, missing work notices, and other small items.
I bought a bunch of used games and puzzles from thrift stores for indoor recess. I am storing them on a shelf hidden behind a grass skirt, also from the dollar store, that goes along with my Safari theme. Goodwill has a lot of good games and toys for decent prices. I even got a huge tub of Legos.
I do not have a closet in my portable for students to put their backpacks. I do, however, have a coat rack. To store their backpacks, I bought sturdy hangers to make use of the coat rack. Students hook their handle handle around the hanger.
So I don't have to pass everything out separately, I keep whiteboards, dry erase markers, and wash cloths in baggies. The baggies currently being used are gallon sized, which doesn't work as well. My favorite was the 2 gallon bags because the whiteboards could go in sideways and the bag could fold over. This makes it so much easier when every student is using a whiteboard.

11 comments:

  1. You have some great organizational ideas!

    I would love to follow you but you don't have a follow button. =(

    I'll stop by again.

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Indian Packers and Movers in Mumbai, We have a realistic team of professionals in Moving & Packing, Loading & Unloading and Transportation of your expensive goods with care. Packers and Movers in Mumbai goes behind the intercontinental principles which give surety that the goods are relocates carefully without any smash up. We at, Packers and Movers in Mumbai has experienced employees to take care of your goods in Packing and Moving Services in Mumbai.
    Packers and Movers in Mumbai
    Packers and Movers in Dadar
    Packers and Movers in Matunga Road
    Packers and Movers in Mahim
    Packers and Movers in Bandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relocation from one place to another is a common trend in this fast changing world. People often relocate to another city in hope of better lifestyle. However with house shifting comes a very challenging & critical activity of ensuring that all your household items are delivered on time and safely to your new destination. And this exactly where our Relocation Service in Mumbai or commonly referred as Packers and Movers Service in Mumbai region comes into action. If you are looking for Packers and Movers in Mumbai, then Indian Packers and Movers Mumbai is here to full fill all your expectations. We do complete relocation of household + car or bike or any other vehicle anywhere in India from Mumbai.
    Movers and Packers in Mumbai
    Movers and Packers in Dadar
    Movers and Packers in Thane
    Movers and Packers in Panvel
    Packers and Movers in Kamothe
    Movers and Packers in Vashi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every chair product that is manufactured by our company is ergonomically designed by experts to meet the requirements of offices and homes. Factors like durable, comfortable and require less space are always kept in mind. And this is the reason why we are able to earn good recognition in our domain.
    Please visit Our Sites:Chair Manufacturers in Mumbai
    Chair Supplier in Mumbai

    Chair Manufacturers in Mumbai
    Chair Supplier in Mumbai
    Office Chair Supplier in Mumbai
    Visitor Chair Supplier in Mumbai
    Chair Dealers in Mumbai
    Top Chair Manufacturers in Mumbai
    Best Chair Manufacturers in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best movers and packers in Hyderabad will pack your goods with ultimate care to prevent damages while shifting. They use good quality packing material and different methods of packing for various household items. Furniture, appliances, AC, and other such goods that require dismantling is done with proper guidelines before wrapping, and delicate pieces are handled with special attention.
    Please Visit Our Website : Packers and Movers Hyderabad

    Movers and Packers Hyderabad
    Movers and Packers in Kondapur
    Movers and Packers in Gachibowli
    Movers and Packers in Kukatpally
    Movers and Packers in Chanda Nagar
    Movers and Packers in Manikonda

    ReplyDelete